Updated edition now available - NECA WA's COVID-19 Employer Guide
NECA WA is pleased to launch the updated edition of the COVID-19 Employer Guide.
Hundreds of members have now accessed the Guide which provides expert advice and guidance tailored to support WA electrical businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are the updates?
Expanded JobKeeper Payment information, including:
- How to demonstrate eligibility
- How the payment relates to stand down, annual leave, RDOs and more
- Industry relevant scenarios
- Related changes to the Fair Work Act
NEW article - Important Contractual Issues to be aware of during COVID-19
- Liquidated damages exposure
- Extension of time claims
- Existing contracts - importance of getting legal advice
- Ensure you seek legal guidance before walking off site
NEW article - Commercial Leasing and COVID-19 Mandatory Code of Conduct
- Explains how the new Code of Conduct will protect eligible small-medium sized businesses
- Guide for negotiations between tenants and landlords
- Summary of the WA State Government's Commercial Tenancies (COVID-19 Response) Bill 2020 which is being introduced into state parliament today
How to apply for the 50% wage subsidy for apprentices.
State and Federal advocacy update.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the COVID-19 Employer Guide, please contact Aidan O'Grady, General Manager NECA Services.