Transportable buildings and double pole switching

The supply arrangement of a transportable building determines whether or not it requires double pole switching.

Buildings that are connected via a detachable connection must meet the requirements of both AS/NZS 3000 and AS/NZS 3001 and will be required to have double pole switching.

A detachable connection could be an extension cord plugged into an inlet and fed from a socket outlet or a permanently connected flexible lead plugged into an outlet.

Transportable buildings supplied via permanent installation wiring (hard wired) need only meet the requirements of AS/NZS 3000 and therefore do not require double pole switching. 

Click here to view further information on our Technical Knowledge Base.