Tragic electrocution of an electrician in Nollamara

8 August 2023

Most members should be aware of the recent tragic death of young electrician Matthew Milner, who was electrocuted in a residential roof space on 29 June. We offer our sincere condolences to Matthew's family, friends and colleagues.

An extensive investigation into this incident is underway and there are many unconfirmed details. As such, NECA are unable to provide commentary while the facts are still being determined.

Regardless, this awful incident is a powerful reminder to everyone in our industry of the importance of turning the power source off and not working live. Please ensure that you and all your colleagues have strict working live policies that are followed meticulously. Working live is simply not worth the associated risks.

Building and Energy has issued a reminder to always switch off the mains power before entering a roof space.

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up to support Matthew’s family.

Contribute to the GoFundMe campaign for Matthew's family here >