Do you need to make changes, but are unsure of where to start?
Would you value practical, hands-on guidance from experts who understand the challenges of running an electrical business in WA?
Owning and running your own business provides opportunities that are exciting, rewarding, challenging and exhausting. It is continual learning that is key to growing a successful business. How can you accelerate the pace of your learning - to then be more alert to the opportunities that will place you ahead of the game?
At NECA, we know hard work and personal sacrifice are not enough to make a business successful. That's why we have collaborated with Engine Room Business Innovation to develop the NECA Business Essentials Online Program facilitated by the developers of the highly esteemed Curtin Growth Program.
This innovative online delivery program integrates weekly interactive online workshops and group coaching sessions, online learning and the development of a Business Improvement Plan that combine to accelerate the profitability, performance and sustainability of participating businesses.
NECA Business Essentials Program - COMMENCING SOON
Participants in the NECA Business Essentials Online Program will:
- Participate in weekly Zoom sessions on the topics of Vision, Finance, Systems, People and Marketing and Sales. Enrolling in the program means scheduled time away from day-to-day business problems, to focus on the bigger picture. Participants will gain the knowledge and confidence to implement new initiatives into their business that will drive success.
- Access material on the online portal before and after each session. By viewing videos and reading articles prior to the Zoom sessions, participants can absorb the key learnings more effectively. The flexibility of the portal allows access after the program to review content on an as-needs basis.
- Undertake monthly 1:1 Zoom coaching sessions to reflect on the topic key learnings and to progress a Business Improvement Plan (BIP). Rather than 100% of participants' time being spent on current operational issues, the BIP will motivate you to step back from the business, and spend 20% of your time on a project that will move your business to the ‘next level’.
- The program provides you with the skillset and confidence to exploit opportunities, embrace change and adapt quickly to the challenges of running your own business in today’s uncertain business environment.
Coaches of the Program
Participants will gain great insights to business leadership from coaches Glenn Taylor and Michelle Chafin, who have a combined 40+ years of experience in program design and facilitation by successfully mentoring and coaching over 1,000 business leaders.
|1. Vision||2. Finance||3. Systems|
|What's the vision for the business and the current constraints? ||Collecting and counting the money||Do it once, do it right - safely, to spec and on time|
- Reason for starting
- Vision for 10 years
- Goals for 1, 2, 5 years
- Drafting the BIP
- Energy and time management
- Financial reports
- Gross margin
- Driving profitability
- Cash cycle and management
- Systems thinking
- Key processes
- Procedures and forms
- Errors and improvement
|4. People||5. Marketing and Sales|
|Finding, recruiting and retaining good staff||Getting known in the market and doing a good deal|
- Finding and selecting
- Team integration
- Paying and rewarding
- Training and developing
- Growing and inspiring
- Image and visibility
- Project selection
- Quotes and contracts
- Customer service
- Program reflection
Click here to view the course curriculum >
Here's what Allan O'Grady, Managing Director of Global Cabling Solutions, has to say about his experience with Engine Room and their business coaching services and programs:
Program dates and topics
|18 June 2020||Vision|
|16 July 2020||Finance|
|20 August 2020||Systems|
|17 September 2020||People|
|15 October 2020||Marketing and Sales|
- Each topic is delivered over 3 x 1.5 hour weekly Zoom sessions
- The first hour is spent showing and discussing the workshop slides
- Each session is followed with a 30 minute ‘group coaching’ session
- Participants will additionally receive monthly 1.5 hr one-to-one Zoom coaching sessions to work on their Business Improvement Plans.
Advantages of online learning
- Providing the business coaching and tools needed now to help minimise recovery time and reduce business losses
- Opportunity to learn about new technologies and how you can advance your business to enter the NEW business world after the pandemic
- Coaching allows documents to be shared
- Articles, videos, podcasts are available anytime to read or view. This encourages continual learning and access to valuable resources
- Learning new communication strategies for better/stronger client relationships.
- Measurable metrics to your learning – what has been viewed.
- Ability to provide learning material that is updated.
- Flexibility of time for learning.
- Teaching important habits of self-discipline/focus which is a skill requirement for a sustainable business.
- Low cost (no travel time – low emissions).
- A different experience – providing new skills that have not been developed
Who should enrol?
Business owner(s) and/or senior manager(s) of electrical businesses of any size.
Program investment (save $1000 on the face to face program)
- Program deposit: $450 + GST - payable upon enrolment (access to portal is available once deposit is paid)
- 1st Instalment: $1,500 + GST
- 2nd Instalment: $1,500 + GST
- Total Investment: $3,450 + GST
How to enrol
It's time to make the future of your business a priority. Control your business rather than it controlling you!
Once you have completed the online form, we will be in contact to answer any questions you may have and confirm your enrolment.
Hurry - places are limited to only 10 participants.
Contact Jo Ogden, NECA WA Project Manager, at email@example.com or phone (08) 6241 6100.