Find out about the latest updates to the WASIR AND WAER
Amendment 3 of WASIR applies from 11 October 2023
Western Power updated the WA Service and Installation Requirements (WASIR) earlier this year.
The deadline for the Amendment 3 requirements to be applied to all new consumer electrical installations is 11 October 2023.
Click here to access a copy on Western Power's website (scroll to the bottom of the page).
The TKB will be updated with each section of the new WASIR soon - we appreciate your patience.
Find out what's been updated in the WAER
Building and Energy recently released an updated version of the WA Electrical Requirements (WAER).
The new WAER will apply to all new electrical installation designs commenced after 1 February 2024.
An amendment to the WAER does not apply retrospectively to electrical installations for which design or construction has commenced or for which building contracts have been signed prior to the date of publication of the amendment.
Key changes in the updated version include:
- Section 2
- Replacement of WA Distributions Connections Manual (WADCM) references with WA Service and Installation Requirements (WASIR) – applicable to Western Power and Horizon Power.
- Section 3
- New table included that sets out ownership and responsibilities for each component of service apparatus.
- Section 7
- Expanded scope from only high voltage (HV) installations to large-scale installations that include solar, battery and wind turbine installations which exceed the upper limits (200kVA) covered by Australian Standards.
- Outlines design requirements, design submissions and certifications for all large-scale installations that must be provided to the Network Operator.
- Final testing and ‘as commissioned’ certification that must be provided to the Network Operator (for network connections) and installation owner/operator (for network connected and standalone systems).
Available now to view on the TKB!
We recommend members familiarise themselves with the changes, which have been updated in full on the TKB.