Electric Shocks

Shocks and tingles can be warning signs of a degraded or broken neutral connection. This results in a voltage rise in the earthing system, causing metal objects in and around a building to become live with dangerous levels of electricity.

Click here to read an article (page 4) published in Electrical Focus (by Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety).

Click to download the Electric Shock fact sheet. 

SafeWork SA has also released a Safety Alert regarding two recent electric shock incidents in less than a month. Click here to read the article online.