AS/NZS 3760:2022 is now live on TKB + main changes
28 July 2022
The new testing and tagging standard (AS/NZS 3760:2022 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment and RCD's) is now built into our TKB for members to access - click here to view and search the new standard.
Here is a summary of the main changes:
In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment and RCDs
Section 1 Scope and General
- Clause 1.1.1 now includes accommodation place.
- 1.4 Definitions
- 1.4.2 Definition for Assessment added, and subsequent numbering has changed as a result.
- 1.4.4 (previously 1.4.3) Class II added to second paragraph.
- 1.4.5 (previously 1.4.4) additional note (3) (V1) added.
- 1.4.19 (previously 1.4.18) has been reworded.
- 1.4.23 Definition for Third Party added.
Section 2 Inspections and Tests.
- General has been renumbered 2.1 so subsequent numbering has changed.
- 2.4.2 (previously 2.3.2) Inspections c) (iii) reworded to preclude tape as a repair.
- 220.127.116.11 (previously 18.104.22.168) has been reworded.
- 22.214.171.124 (previously 126.96.36.199) Note (3) added.
- 188.8.131.52 (previously 184.108.40.206) Heading changed to include non-rewireable connectors.
- 220.127.116.11 (previously 18.104.22.168) Reference to AS/NZS 3010 has been removed.
- 22.214.171.124 b) (ii) now has leakage measurement as an option.
- 2.6.1 (previously 2.51) has been reworded with different requirements foe Australia and New Zealand.
- Table 2.4 (previously Table 4) has split requirements for repaired and second-hand equipment.
Appendix A Background
- A.1 General contains additional information.
- A.3 Symbol Change.
- A.4 and A.6 have been reworded.
- Has additional figures.
- E.2.2 b) correction to the wording of Note.
- F.2 correction to the wording of Note.
- G.2 correction to the wording of Note.
- H.1.2 has been reworded.
- H3.1 Note (6) 300 ms has replaced 150 ms.