Do you need to make changes, but are unsure of where to start?
Would you value practical, hands-on guidance from experts who understand the challenges of running an electrical business in WA?
Owning and running your own business provides opportunities that are exciting, rewarding, challenging and exhausting. It is continual learning that is key to growing a successful business. How can you accelerate the pace of your learning - to then be more alert to the opportunities that will place you ahead of the game?
At NECA, we know hard work and personal sacrifice are not enough to make a business successful. That's why we have collaborated with Engine Room Business Innovation to develop a range of business development programs facilitated by the developers of the highly esteemed Curtin Growth Program.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the following programs will be offered via the highly interactive video conferencing platform, Zoom.
Coaches of the programs
Participants will gain countless insights to business leadership from coaches Glenn Taylor and Michelle Chafin, who have a combined 40+ years of experience in program design and facilitation by successfully mentoring and coaching over 1,000 business leaders.
Option 1: NECA Business Essentials Online Program - COMMENCING JUNE 2020
This innovative online delivery program integrates weekly interactive online workshops and group coaching sessions, online learning and the development of a Business Improvement Plan that combine to accelerate the profitability, performance and sustainability of participating businesses.
Participants in the NECA Business Essentials Online Program will:
- Participate in weekly Zoom sessions on the topics of Vision, Finance, Systems, People and Marketing and Sales. Enrolling in the program means scheduled time away from day-to-day business problems, to focus on the bigger picture. Participants will gain the knowledge and confidence to implement new initiatives into their business that will drive success.
- Access material on the online portal before and after each session. By viewing videos and reading articles prior to the Zoom sessions, participants can absorb the key learnings more effectively. The flexibility of the portal allows access after the program to review content on an as-needs basis.
- Undertake monthly 1:1 Zoom coaching sessions to reflect on the topic key learnings and to progress a Business Improvement Plan (BIP). Rather than 100% of participants' time being spent on current operational issues, the BIP will motivate you to step back from the business, and spend 20% of your time on a project that will move your business to the ‘next level’.
- The program provides you with the skillset and confidence to exploit opportunities, embrace change and adapt quickly to the challenges of running your own business in today’s uncertain business environment.
Option 2: Business Essentials Coaching Program - COMMENCING JUNE 2020
Due to recent business challenges brought about by social distancing and restricted budgets, businesses may be feeling isolated, overwhelmed and in need of connection. Relevant, helpful business information and tips are vital in the current climate - this is where online business coaching can provide valuable, cost-effective assistance.
Members can register for 10 x fortnightly 1.5 hour Zoom sessions covering the topics of Vision, Finance, Systems, People and Marketing and Sales. Each topic will have 2 x 45 minute sessions covering the use of a unique business tool and in-depth discussion. Group sizes are limited to 4 participants to encourage the exchange of ideas and problem solving.
Option 3: Power Hour Business Webinars - Interactive Training
The following ‘Power Hour’ business webinars provide live online training in convenient 1 hour sessions for members at a discounted rate of only $20 per webinar.
- Power up your marketing- 23 June 2020
- Time Analysis – are you working on high priorities? - 15 July 2020
- 3 Levels of Management – what level are you at? - 27 July 2020
- Cash is Reality – do you know and understand how to manage your cashflow - 25 August 2020
- What is a Business Improvement Project - what is your project? - 7 September 2020
- Leadership Styles – what is your primary and secondary? - 29 September 2020
- Profit Drivers - turnover is for vanity, profit is for sanity - what drives your business? - 6 October 2020
- How to get better results by using effective culture - 15 October 2020
- Growing your Talent - do you have High Performers (Hipos) that you want to keep and grow? - 9 November 2020
- Championing Change - can you motivate people to adapt in these fast changing times? - 24 November 2020
Advantages of online learning
- Providing the business coaching and tools needed now to help minimise recovery time and reduce business losses
- Opportunity to learn about new technologies and how you can advance your business to enter the NEW business world after the pandemic
- Coaching allows documents to be shared.
- Articles, videos, podcasts are available anytime to read or view. This encourages continual learning and access to valuable resources.
- Learning new communication strategies for better/stronger client relationships
- Measurable metrics to your learning – what has been viewed
- Ability to provide learning material that is updated
- Flexibility of time for learning
- Teaching important habits of self-discipline/focus which is a skill requirement for a sustainable business
- Low cost (no travel time – low emissions)
- A different experience – providing new skills that have not been developed
Contact Jo Ogden, NECA WA Project Manager, at email@example.com or phone (08) 6241 6100.