Become a NECA WA member to access copies of the following publications.
NECA News Magazine
Want to keep up to date with the latest news, trends and issues affecting the electrical and communications industry? Want to find out what’s happening in your state or territory?
Subscribe to our NECA News magazine >
NECA WA Electrical Contractor Guidelines
Developed by our technical team, the Electrical Contractor Guidelines (ECG) provide clear guidance on effective ways to comply with key industry and legal obligations imposed on electrical contractors and their workers.
The ECG are specifically aimed at small-to-medium sized electrical contracting companies, however businesses of all sizes may benefit from the tips and examples detailed in the ECG.
What do the Electrical Contractor Guidelines cover?
- Remind ECs of their obligations
- Assist contractors in ‘getting it right’ from a compliance perspective
- Provide guidance, tips and advice
- Suggest suitable methods and processes to apply in implementing the requirements in this plan
- Include appendices with checklists, forms, employee record templates etc
Is your home safe? Electrical safety tips everyone should know
NECA WA has developed an electrical safety publication for householders, providing simple tips and advice on how to stay safe in the home when using electricity.
Named 'Is your home safe? Electrical safety tips everyone should know', the booklet highlights the importance of always hiring a qualified electrician to carry out any electrical work around the home.
- Installation and maintenance of RCDs
- Smoke alarms
- Ceiling spaces
- Solar power systems
- Electrical appliances
- Risks outside the home, including powerlines, party lighting, and generators